The Bangkok Air Quality Information Center warns residents of the capital about deteriorating air quality in the coming days.
According to experts' forecasts, from today until December 11, the level of air pollution with PM2.5 particles may increase to a dangerously orange level. Bangkok residents are advised to monitor air quality, reduce outdoor activities, and, if necessary, wear protective masks. Anyone experiencing symptoms such as coughing, difficulty breathing, eye irritation, chest tightness, headache, irregular heartbeat, nausea, or fatigue is recommended to consult a doctor.
Approximately 640,000 krathongs were collected in 50 districts of Bangkok after the celebration of Loy Krathong.
According to data published by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, compared to the previous year, the number of krathongs increased by 12%. Of the collected krathongs, 97% were made from biodegradable materials, while the remaining 3% were made from styrofoam. Styrofoam krathongs will be sorted for waste disposal, and biodegradable ones will be processed into fertilizers. Around 290,000 people attended Loy Krathong-related events in Bangkok. The most popular locations were Benchasiri Park, Lumphini Park, and Benchakitti Park. Additionally, a portion of Bangkok residents supported the governor's initiative and launched 3,744 digital krathongs into the Ong Ang Canal.
Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Bangkok for illegal begging are likely connected to a human trafficking network.
All detainees had partial or complete limb absence and burns on their bodies. To evoke sympathy from passersby, most beggars wore clothing resembling Thai student uniforms. During the investigation, it was revealed that the beggars earned approximately 1.8 million baht per month, and some entered the country illegally. The detainees denied involvement with human traffickers, claiming voluntary participation in begging. Bangkok police urged the public to report any instances of foreign beggars by calling the hotline at 1300. The police emphasized that foreign nationals begging on Thailand's streets would be promptly deported from the country. Individuals involved in the illegal...
The Thailand Consumer Council (TCC) has proposed to the government to set a maximum fare of 20 baht for the MRT Pink Line.
Starting today, the MRT Pink Line (Khae Rai-Min Buri) will begin operating in trial mode. During the trial period (until December 18), rides for passengers will be free, after which a fare ranging from 15 to 45 baht will be charged. The TCC asserts that the fare would be too high, as the average operating costs on other lines from 2014 to 2019 were approximately 10.1–16.3 baht per person per trip. However, the council also emphasized that the maximum fare policy of 20 baht, currently in effect for the Red Line and Purple Line, should also be applied to the...
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) warns residents of the capital about deteriorating air quality in the coming days.
Experts predict that from today until November 12, the level of PM2.5 air pollution may reach a dangerously high orange level. Bangkok residents are advised to monitor air quality, reduce outdoor activities, and wear protective masks if needed. Anyone experiencing symptoms like coughing, difficulty breathing, eye irritation, chest tightness, headaches, irregular heartbeat, nausea, or fatigue is recommended to consult a doctor. BMA has published a list of clinics providing consultations and medical examinations to alleviate symptoms caused by PM2.5 particles: 1. Bangkok Central Hospital: Tel 02-220-8000 ext 10811 (Tuesdays and Fridays, 8am – noon) 2. Taksin Hospital:...