5 police officers have been reassigned to inactive positions after a raid on Le Neuf bar in Chiang Mai.
During the inspection, the police detained 242 individuals aged 17 to 19, all of whom were consuming alcohol, and the establishment was operating beyond the permitted hours.
It was also discovered that the pub's owners did not have the necessary license to operate the venue, and the pub itself had been illegally converted from a building, violating fire safety regulations.
The owners of the establishment are facing charges under 7 articles:
- Operating an entertainment establishment without a license.
- Selling alcoholic beverages to individuals under 18.
- Selling alcoholic beverages to individuals under 20.
- Selling alcoholic beverages during non-business hours.
- Encouraging improper behavior among teenagers.
- Alcohol beverage advertising.
The Governor of Chiang Mai has ordered the closure of the establishment for an indefinite period.
A disciplinary investigation has been initiated against the 5 police officers, as the bar had undergone multiple police inspections but continued to operate for approximately three years despite serious violations.